|Akane Hino/Cure Sunny|
|日野 あかね /キュアサニー|
|Hino Akane/Kyua Sanī|
Akane Hino is a main character from Smile Precure of the series "Pretty Cure". An unusually passionate girl, she is able to get into any mood easily, and loves to make others laugh. Her family runs an okonomiyaki restaurant, and she often helps out there. In school, she is part of the volleyball team. She was born in Osaka and thus speaks in the Kansai dialect.
- In the first ending, when she hit a volleyball which fell accidentally on Miyuki Hoshizora, she shows care and was stressed and sorry for her.
- She intended to be a Precure in order to save Miyuki from the clutches of an Akanbe, because Miyuki cheered her on and supported her.
- At a vollyball match, she enjoys teasing Miyuki about her clumsiness, and even Yayoi for her half-crying receive.
- When Miyuki hugs her she gets nervous and a little shy.
- When she notices that Miyuki is unaware of her, she goes by tickling her playfully from behind.
- She gave a hint to invite Miyuki to see her show off her skills in a volleyball match by glancing at her.
- When she befriends Miyuki, and told her to call her by her first name, and before she shakes hands with her, she seems to be both unstrung and shy.
- She likes Mayoi's homemade food, after she takes a bite straight from her lunch box.