|Relationship Status||In a love/hate relationship|
Himawari Furutani is a secondary character in the series Yuru Yuri. She is a member of the student council and the older sister of Kaede.
Himawari is a mature and lady-like girl who is childhood friends with Sakurako. However, their friendship has turned into a (tsundere) rivalry.
- Himawari has an obvious tsundere crush on Sakurako.
- When Sakurako trips and fell into a hug with her, the two girls both blushed. When Ayano and Chitose returned, Himawari and Sakurako separated immediately.
- Despite her rivalry with Sakurako, she clearly deeply cares for her and has a strong affection towards her.
- For example, when she told her to watch her step; and when she gave her wrapped cookies, though the ones she gave to Akari and Chitose were just in a tin; regularly helping Sakurako finish her homework.
- She often blushes around Sakurako, such as when she was wearing Sakurako's tight gym shirt in front of her.
- When Himawari and Sakurako were children, they filled out a fake marriage certificate.