Honoka Kousaka is one of the main characters in the anime and manga Love Live! School Idol Project. She is a cheerful and energetic member of the idol group µ's (Muse) and is its leader and one of the founding members of it. Honoka's family own a Japanese sweets shop, she enjoys swimming and sticker collecting. Honoka is determined and once her mind is set on something, nothing can stop her. Birthday: August 3.
With Maki Nishikino
- For two times, she kept stalking on Maki who was playing piano songs alone afterschool, then entered the music room to express her love for her voice, and to tell her how cute she looks.
- Used "あなた/Anata" to call Maki upon seeing her enter the classroom, the noun can mean "dear" or "honey" in Japanese.
- She was about to bite Maki's ear in her arrival at episode 3 after clutching her boldly.
- In the happy new year at episode 10 of the second season, she flirted with Maki in her kimono.
- Snuggled to Maki, begging her for an invitation to her vacation home.
- She is very open about showing her affection, being able to easily touch and hug the other characters, most notably Umi and Kotori.
- She confessed her love to Umi, then later stripped her pants at episode 3.
- At episode 1 of the first season, she held Umi's hand, then jumped to give her a hug bursting with love for her, shouting "I Love You".
- Her boldness rate can bewilder Umi, like when Umi who was feeling nervous over wearing short dresses for their performance, Honoka placed her hands on her thighs only to increase Umi's shyness level.
- Gave Umi a light shoulders massage.
- One evening, she confessed her love to Kotori before hugging her warmly, promising to stay with her forever.
- In one of the official arts, she held Kotori's waist on the beach.
- In the idol shop, she hugged Kotori and made her blush.
- Showed Umi an idol magazine with an overflowing passion and admiration for the idol girls featured in it, she viewed them so cute and shining brightly.
- During School Idol Festival, she says that both Umi and Kotori should stay together forever.
- In the shrine, and after she met Eli and Nozomi in shrine priestess outfits in the new year, Eli called Nozomi to walk away together, then she give a remark about how they're really close to each other.
- In her first meeting with Hanayo Koizumi, she grabbed her shoulders and brought her face close to hers, while holding her hand.
- Panicked then collapsed after Nozomi's breasts massage on the rooftop.
- During the dance practice, she complimented Eri's figure while looking at her from down to up and calling her "beautiful", she admired Eri's tall body, her long legs, and her mature look, that compliment had made Eri blush timidly.
- Her reaction upon learning of Yukiho's enrollment to Otonokizaka academy: She pinned her against the wardrobe.