Kana is the protagonist of the yuri series Kanamemo. she is an orphan girl. When repo-men come to repossess her dead grandmother's belongings, Kana assumes she is being repossessed too and runs away. Her search for a new lodging leads her to the Fuhshin Gazette, where she now lives. Kana is a particularly soft spoken and shy girl who also gets frightened a lot, particularly in the presence of Haruka. She also tends to generally overreact to things she doesn't quite understand and frequently misinterprets them. However, she is willing to prove herself and do what she needs to help the paper. Although she is sometimes clumsy and not generally skilled at various things, she is rather good at cooking.
- The sight of Yuuki's goodbye kiss to Yume at the entrance of the newspaper shop made her embarrassed that she retreated back quickly.
- Panics whenever Haruka attempts to tease her, like what happened right after she was employed, when Haruka gone crazy over her, feeling her lower body under her skirt with such excitement.
- She has a yuri eyecatch with Haruka, blushing in her lap.
- Told Mika that she had a very nice smile.
- Gets ticklish by Mika's touches on her face once she was stretching her cheeks to decrease their stiffness for a perfect smile training.