Kanako Hosokawa is a supporting character in the yuri series Maria-sama ga Miteru. A tall girl with a quiet (bordering on unapproachable - in the 14th novel, Noriko has described her as a "lone wolf") personality. She's 179 cm tall, has plans to join the Lillian Academy basketball team.
Yuri Feats Edit
- She's a big fan of Yumi Fukuzawa, yet during the third season Kanako is actually more like a stalker than a fan.
- She revealed a similar, or even stronger hatred towards men to that of Sachiko, apparently stemming from problems she has with her father (she calls men "the lowest possible form of life"). Her father had an affair and a baby with Kanako's former senpai, Yūko. Initially, she imagines Yumi as the living entity of a "perfect and pure" girl (i.e. one who would not involve herself with men).
- She sees Yumi as the ultimate embodiment of perfection. When preparations for the Hanadera Festival begins, Kanako tries to keep Yumi away from it due to her hatred of men and her fear of having Yumi be corrupted.
- Kanako still greatly likes Yumi (Kanako had always, and still wants to take a photo alone with Yumi).
- Yumi's most charming trait as she told her about and blushed after in the Rose Mansion is that she's not aware of what a wonderful girl she truly is.