Naru Sekiya is the protagonist of the series Hanayamata.
She is a student who is inspired by Hana N. Fountainstand to dance Yosakoi. Naru is very much of an introvert and is thoroughly engaged in her own world, and can be very clumsy, but usually in a very comedic way. On the other hand, she is very good at observing how others are doing emotionally. Regardless of how she views herself, she views others in an unusually positive light and will share her opinions to encourage them. Her favorite flower is the cherry blossom. Birthday: April 2nd.
- She loves reading about princesses, yet she does not think that she can be dazzling.
- In a rainy night, she told Tami Nishimikado that she'll always going to be her princess no matter what happens.
- Thinks Tami is beautiful, elegant, and the perfect princess.
- Tami became an object of Naru Sekiya's admiration as she believes Tami is more interesting and unique.
- Blushes whenever Yaya Sasame or Hana cuddles her.
- While hugging Yaya, moving to tears, she thanked her for giving her a place to belong so many times.