|Relationship Status||In a relationship|
Shio Koube is a main character in the yuri series Happy Sugar Life. A young, innocent girl who lives with Satō Matsuzaka in their apartment. Shio (しお) means "Salt" in Japanese. Shio seemingly has the ability to "see" people's hearts as jars, noticing that her mother's jar is "empty and broken" and Satou's jar is "empty, but not broken".
Yuri Feats Edit
- She loves and cares for Satou deeply, and routinely greets Satou whenever she returns home and is always genuinely happy to spend time together with Satou.
- Shio believes that both she and Satou need to stay together, otherwise they would both be broken and incomplete forever.
- Every night, she does the "marriage vow" with Satou.
- Episode 11 ends with Satou and Shio having a wedding ceremony in their apartment and sharing a kiss with each other.
- Shio remained determined to stay with Satou and die along with her.
- In the hospital, shio refuses her brother and states her love exists only inside her where the memory of Satou is. Shio: "This is my happy sugar life."